Friday 11 November 2011

Beach Resort in Kanyakumari - AVE Resort, Kanyakumari Resort, Kanyakumari, Tamilnadu



A Sand Witch for a Sandwich

I walked the beach on a sunny day
       And soon found a shell with which to play.
I made a castle, I made a moat,
       I poured in water to sail my boat.
I made a farm and a racetrack, too,
      And then a figure that sort of grew
Taller and taller as I piled more sand.
     Then I shaped a face with one wet hand.
Oh, what a face—with an ugly beak
      And a tall, tall hat that came to a peak!
I looked with pride at my ugly witch,
     While all around I dug a ditch.
To keep her safe from the incoming tide,
     I dug it deep on every side.
The waves rolled in and then slid back.
     I waited for their we attack.
One little wave crept up the beach,
     But my sand witch it could not reach.
One, two, three waves filled the ditch.
     Another wave took a nip at the witch.
A whitecap pushed with all his might
     And ate that witch in one big bite!
I laughed as the water swished round my feet,
     For sandwiches are made to eat!
                                                                 Emily Sweeney
Contact Detail:
AVE Beach Resort
Veerabagupathy
Chothavilai beach
Thengamputhoor
Kanyakumari
Tel No: 04652 221337
+91 8220099080

No comments:

Post a Comment