Tuesday 21 February 2012

Baking Basics: How to make Lemon Curd, A Foolproof Way to Make Luscious, Light Lemon Curd. Hotels in Kanyakumari.(aveholidayhome.com)





recipe components that is easy to make and handy to have around. Lemon curd is used in or on many things likes cakes, cupcakes, tarts, pies and scones.

Lemon curd


 While you can certainly buy it, I prefer to make homemade, especially since lemon is one of my favorite flavors. I love the tartness of fresh squeezed lemons.

This recipe requires everything to be homemade. In other words, using lemon juice from a bottle won’t work. You want the freshness of real lemon juice and most importantly, the skin is where the majority of a lemon’s flavor comes from. It’s the zest of the skin that gives lemon curd it’s punched up flavor and bite. That said when choosing lemons look for unblemished ones and lemons that are smooth, bright and shiny.

There are many ways and recipes to make lemon curd. I’ve made it with limes and like it a quite bit, but for the purpose of this baking basics post I’ve kept it traditional. For my lime variation click here.

Now, the question Eureka (common store type) or Meyer lemons for curd? I prefer the common store type. I’ve made curd with Meyer lemons before and found that it lacked that strong lemon bite found in Eureka lemons.  Of course that has everything to do with the fact that Meyer lemons are less acidic and fruitier in flavor. That’s not to say, I don’t love Meyer lemons. I do and I love using them in savory dishes. It’s mellower in flavor, less acidic and imparts a more subtle flavor. And of course, Meyer lemons are definitely better in lemonade as they are sweeter and require less sugar.

But as I always say, your palate your preference, so use lemons that suit you.

 
AVE Beach Resort
Veerabagupathy
Chothavilai beach
Thengamputhoor
Kanyakumari
Call
Tel No: 04652 221337
+91 8220099080
Email: aveholidayhome@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment